I am one of those people that gets ridiculously excited about food. My coworkers make fun of me because I describe my lunch as “delicious” about 3x a week. So in honor of that, I thought I’d share my favorite delicious pasta recipe. The key to this is the sausage. It takes a great dish and turns it into…you guessed it, a delicious one!
This is an easy recipe to customize – add whatever veggies or sauces you prefer. Here’s the basic recipe I use:
1 box of whole wheat pasta
A healthy chunk of fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
2 links of your favorite chicken sausage. I use Aidell’s pineapple and bacon sausage. It is excellent!
1 pound broccoli
2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
Olive oil, kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta according to instructions.
- Heat up your sausage, per instructions.
- As the pasta cooks, slice, dice and cook your veggies (tomatoes and broccoli).
- Once everything is cooked, combine in a big pot, and season with olive oil, salt and pepper. That’s it!
- Enjoy your delicious pasta. Due to the cheese, this pasta is better the second day because when you microwave it, the cheese gets all yummy and melty. DELICIOUS
What’s your favorite easy pasta recipe?