Friday Five, Five Awesome Things

Happy Friday! Per usual, I’m linking up with Mar at Mar on the Run and Cynthia at You Signed Up for What?! today.

DC_linkup

1. Vote for me! If you follow me on facebook, you have may noticed that I’ve entered a contest to be chosen as an inspiration blogger. The contest is run by Zooma Women’s Race Series and the prize is a free trip to run Zooma Napa Valley for me + A READER! It’s kind of a long shot for me, since bloggers with much bigger followings are entered, but if you would be so kind as to vote for me, I’d really appreciate it. And come on, wouldn’t it be fun if a gal that was just a regular, middle of the pack (sometimes back of the pack) runner won this contest? Just follow this link and make sure you click on my picture to vote. You can vote 1x a day until 2.24! Feel free to share with your friends!

click here to vote:  http://woobox.com/h3xho2/vote/for/1850815 click here to vote: http://woobox.com/h3xho2/vote/for/1850815/caption

2. I haven’t talked much about the wedding lately, but we’ve made some good progress. I’ve found a dress, we have our tasting in two weeks and we’ve almost decided on a DJ. Save the dates are in the mail and we are on track! It’s a good feeling to be able to check some things off the list :)
  3. We are seven weeks out from Shamrock Marathon and I’m quite proud that I haven’t missed a long run yet. Some of the runs have been rough – many have been cold or wet…but I’ve gotten it done!
  4. K and I started our Foundations of Marriage Class a couple of weeks ago. This is a class for newly engaged or newly married couples offered by our church. It is amazing and so, so, SO helpful! The conversations we’ve had that sprung from this class are incredible.
  5. This is so silly, but I’ve been loving The Bachelor this season. If I felt guilty about bad TV, the bach would totally be my guilty pleasure — but I don’t feel guilty :) I unabashedly love this show and all the drama that comes along with it!

Did you take a pre marriage class? Was it helpful? What’s your favorite BAD television show?

Next week’s linkup: Document 5 days of fitness in your life and share what that looks like for you! Then use that post as your Friday Five! I’m pretty excited about this one and hope y’all will link up and join the theme :)

16 Comments on Friday Five, Five Awesome Things

1. Meranda@fairytalesandfitness
    January 24, 2014 at 7:41 am (3 months ago)

I don’t watch much TV, but the Bachelor is a Must Watch for us every season! ( I consider it my guilty pleasure too). Sadly, we did not take a marriage class, but you are smart to be taking one!
    Meranda@fairytalesandfitness recently posted…Runner Snacks ReviewMy Profile

• cdredden@gmail.com
      January 24, 2014 at 11:12 am (3 months ago)

So what do you think about JP so far? I think he’s been a class act with the ladies…

• cdredden@gmail.com
      January 24, 2014 at 11:14 am (3 months ago)

I KNOW! I’m not looking forward to it… :/

2. Chaitali
    January 24, 2014 at 9:32 am (3 months ago)

We did take a pre-marriage class and I thought it was really helpful. It was just a short one but it had a lot of good information on communication, respect, etc. I feel like we still use what we learned in it. We also got one of those question books for couples and it was a lot of fun. It has questions for you to ask each other about past and future, some of which we had already talked about and some of which we had never thought about even though we’d dated for more than three years. It was a fun tool to get to know each other even better and make sure that we were on the same page about what we wanted out of our future life together.
    Chaitali recently posted…Races planned for 2014My Profile

• cdredden@gmail.com
      January 24, 2014 at 11:14 am (3 months ago)

I’ve really been enjoying the class — so helpful!

3. Sara @ lifebetweenthemiles
    January 24, 2014 at 11:03 am (3 months ago)

My husband and I did not attend a pre-marriage class, but I would have liked to go through one for the information! I have not heard anything negative from anyone who has gone through the experience.

I am a lover of the Bachelor too…no judging from me! :)
    Sara @ lifebetweenthemiles recently posted…Things I’m loving XIIIMy Profile

• cdredden@gmail.com
      January 24, 2014 at 11:15 am (3 months ago)

Will you be watching Sean and Catherine’s wedding Sunday?? :)

• cdredden@gmail.com
      January 24, 2014 at 2:57 pm (3 months ago)

It’s been so helpful and awesome!

4. Lindsey
    January 24, 2014 at 6:38 pm (3 months ago)

Great job on keeping up with those long runs! I can’t believe how soon Shamrock weekend will be here! :-)
    Lindsey recently posted…Five Things about my Long RunMy Profile

• cdredden@gmail.com
      January 26, 2014 at 6:38 pm (3 months ago)

Me too!! It’s coming (fingers crossed on the weather!)

5. Anita
    January 25, 2014 at 1:34 pm (3 months ago)

Voted for you :)

You look SO cold in that picture!

The Mister and I did marriage prep classes before we were married almost 21 years ago and I think that we took a lot away from those classes. Sometimes I wonder how many of the other couples are still together after all of these years.
    Anita recently posted…5 for Friday #9 – People in Your NeighbourhoodMy Profile

6. Ashley
    January 25, 2014 at 2:10 pm (3 months ago)

I love your pic in the snow! So proud of you for being committed to your training even when it’s not convenient. Your Shamrock experience is going to be all the better for it. Can’t wait to see you there!!
    Ashley recently posted…Race Recap: First Light 13.1, Mobile, ALMy Profile

• cdredden@gmail.com
      January 26, 2014 at 6:34 pm (3 months ago)

Thanks girl! Can’t WAIT to meet you :)