Happy Blogger Tip Tuesday! Okay, that’s not really a thing, but maybe it should be! A lot of my blogging friends have just switched to self hosting and I thought I’d share my top five plugins for the self hosted blogger! Keep in mind, I use wordpress as my platform, so if you use blogger or another service, you might not have the same options.
- Commentluv – by far my favorite plugin! This allows you to link to your readers’ blogs when they comment on yours. It’s fantastic and it really helps to encourage comments.
- Pin It Button – do you want people to be able to easily Pin your posts? Install this plugin to get the hover Pin It button!
- Shareaholic – this is an easy way for your readers to be able to share your posts to facebook, twitter, pinterest, etc.
- Online backup – not very fun, but a total necessity. You definitely do NOT want to discover that your site has crashed without all your hard work being backed up.
- Askiment – many bloggers use captcha (which I loathe) because they can’t figure out how to get rid of spam otherwise. Well this is how you get rid of spam. Use this plugin and you will see little to none. Promise!
What are your must-have plugins?