Wedding Wednesday!

Happy Humpday! This is my first Wedding Wednesday and I’m excited to link up with Jordon from Love Always Nancy J and Meredith from Belle in Boots. As I’m getting deeper in to the planning process, I’ve been reading more and more blog posts on weddings. I love seeing what other brides to be and recent brides have done, so I thought I’d join in the fun! Today, I wanted to share how I pulled off 150 save the dates for under $100!

wedding wednesday

K and I are on a tight budget, which means we are doing many things ourselves and getting creative where we can. I wanted to figure out a way to get beautiful save the dates for less than 100. Luckily, I stumbled across Etsy! I ordered a printable digital file designed by Mallory Hope Design. Once the design was complete and I had the file, I ordered the actual cards for printing from Smart Press. I was a little nervous since this was my first Etsy purchase and I just wasn’t sure how everything would turn out. However, I absolutely LOVED the end result. Cost:

Etsy digitial design file: $28

Printing through Smartpress: $55

Total cost (not including postage): $83 for 150 save the dates!

1525195_10101312885828086_1075880030_n

wedwed_zps75c1ff65

Have you ever ordered from Etsy?

18 Comments on Wedding Wednesday!

• cdredden@gmail.com
      January 29, 2014 at 10:30 am (6 months ago)

Thanks Meranda! I’m still figuring it out myself :)

1. Chaitali
    January 29, 2014 at 9:09 am (6 months ago)

Those Save the Dates look great! I ordered a lot of stuff from Etsy for our wedding and I kept ordering stuff from there afterward. The most recent thing I ordered was custom covers for some stools from Ikea. I love that there are so many people on Etsy willing to work with you on custom items and I’ve never had a problem with Etsy yet (knock on wood). Checking people’s reviews before ordering is key.
    Chaitali recently posted…Ouch…strength training classMy Profile

• cdredden@gmail.com
      January 29, 2014 at 9:59 am (6 months ago)

Thanks! Etsy has blown my mind with all the amazing things on there :)

2. Jenny
    January 29, 2014 at 9:49 am (6 months ago)

That’s a great deal! I’m thinking of doing the Etsy template for our invitations/programs! $8 template that is totally customizable? Awesome!! Love your save the dates, btw :)

We saved on our save the dates bc I won a silent auction for a $200 gift certificate to Minted for under $50 :)

• cdredden@gmail.com
      January 29, 2014 at 9:59 am (6 months ago)

You should totally do it for invitations and such! We definitely will be going that route again. And that’s awesome that you got such a great deal for your save the dates! Which is super cute and has a prominent fridge placement, btw :)

3. Brittany Fry
    January 29, 2014 at 9:57 am (6 months ago)

Welcome to the fun part of getting married, blogging about it!!! There are so many women on here that love to share their ideas and it is so much fun to look for ideas and get awesome tips from others. I ended up doing the same thing with designing our own Save The Dates from a digital download to Etsy and designed them myself. I ended up doing this with a lot of the paper products for our wedding. I love your save the dates! they are so cute (:
    Brittany Fry recently posted…WEDDING WEDNESDAY – Jewelry for Our Big DayMy Profile

• cdredden@gmail.com
      January 29, 2014 at 10:31 am (6 months ago)

Thanks Brittany – it is pretty fun! :)

4. Mar @ Mar on the Run!
    January 29, 2014 at 11:00 am (6 months ago)

I love Etsy. I’ve purchased many things. Also, I used to make handmade cards and am pretty crafty – if you ever need any creative help :)
    Mar @ Mar on the Run! recently posted…Choose Happiness…My Profile

• cdredden@gmail.com
      January 29, 2014 at 11:34 am (6 months ago)

Hahaha – you may rue the day you told me that :)

• Mar @ Mar on the Run!
        January 29, 2014 at 11:42 am (6 months ago)

lol, I’ll refer you to my big bucket of cards I keep meaning to put in Etsy!! gotta get rid of it.
        Mar @ Mar on the Run! recently posted…Choose Happiness…My Profile

5. Jordon
    January 29, 2014 at 4:58 pm (6 months ago)

Those are so cute!!!! Look at you Ms. DIY! I love it!!!

Thanks for linking up!

6. Meredith
    January 29, 2014 at 7:38 pm (6 months ago)

beautiful, we found a deal online for weddingpaperdivas so you can have an amazing wedding on a budget! unfortunately postage will always get you!

• cdredden@gmail.com
      January 30, 2014 at 9:35 am (6 months ago)

The good thing about using postcards was that the postage was less than regular mail :) Only spent about 20$ to send everything!

• cdredden@gmail.com
      January 30, 2014 at 9:37 am (6 months ago)

Nice! I’ve looked at those hangers – very pretty :)

7. Mary
    January 30, 2014 at 8:51 am (6 months ago)

Beautiful Save the Dates! We are trying to stick to a tight budget as well but will be having less than half your guests! I think British weddings generally are much smaller. We designed our own Save the Dates and then got them printed and I shall be making all of the invitations over a long weekend for our wedding in August. Pinterest has been my friend over the last couple of months for ideas!
    Mary recently posted…An unintentional long runMy Profile

8. Denise @ Simply Bubbly
    February 12, 2014 at 10:57 am (6 months ago)

Love your save the dates! I used etsy for the first time to purchase a blog template, and found many beautiful options for half the price I had seen on other online sites. I would definitely use etsy again, especially knowing that you had such luck with this sort of purchase through them. #SITSBlogging
    Denise @ Simply Bubbly recently posted…Jillian Michaels Detox Water ResultsMy Profile