Wedding Wednesday!

Happy Humpday! This is my first Wedding Wednesday and I’m excited to link up with Jordon from Love Always Nancy J and Meredith from Belle in Boots. As I’m getting deeper in to the planning process, I’ve been reading more and more blog posts on weddings. I love seeing what other brides to be and recent brides have done, so I thought I’d join in the fun! Today, I wanted to share how I pulled off 150 save the dates for under $100!

wedding wednesday

K and I are on a tight budget, which means we are doing many things ourselves and getting creative where we can. I wanted to figure out a way to get beautiful save the dates for less than 100. Luckily, I stumbled across Etsy! I ordered a printable digital file designed by Mallory Hope Design. Once the design was complete and I had the file, I ordered the actual cards for printing from Smart Press. I was a little nervous since this was my first Etsy purchase and I just wasn’t sure how everything would turn out. However, I absolutely LOVED the end result. Cost:

Etsy digitial design file: $28

Printing through Smartpress: $55

Total cost (not including postage): $83 for 150 save the dates!

1525195_10101312885828086_1075880030_n

wedwed_zps75c1ff65

Have you ever ordered from Etsy?

Comments

1. 3

says

Those Save the Dates look great! I ordered a lot of stuff from Etsy for our wedding and I kept ordering stuff from there afterward. The most recent thing I ordered was custom covers for some stools from Ikea. I love that there are so many people on Etsy willing to work with you on custom items and I’ve never had a problem with Etsy yet (knock on wood). Checking people’s reviews before ordering is key.
    Chaitali recently posted…Ouch…strength training classMy Profile

2. 5

says

That’s a great deal! I’m thinking of doing the Etsy template for our invitations/programs! $8 template that is totally customizable? Awesome!! Love your save the dates, btw :)

We saved on our save the dates bc I won a silent auction for a $200 gift certificate to Minted for under $50 :)

• 6

cdredden@gmail.com says

You should totally do it for invitations and such! We definitely will be going that route again. And that’s awesome that you got such a great deal for your save the dates! Which is super cute and has a prominent fridge placement, btw :)

3. 7

says

Welcome to the fun part of getting married, blogging about it!!! There are so many women on here that love to share their ideas and it is so much fun to look for ideas and get awesome tips from others. I ended up doing the same thing with designing our own Save The Dates from a digital download to Etsy and designed them myself. I ended up doing this with a lot of the paper products for our wedding. I love your save the dates! they are so cute (:
    Brittany Fry recently posted…WEDDING WEDNESDAY – Jewelry for Our Big DayMy Profile

• 14

cdredden@gmail.com says

The good thing about using postcards was that the postage was less than regular mail :) Only spent about 20$ to send everything!

4. 17

says

Beautiful Save the Dates! We are trying to stick to a tight budget as well but will be having less than half your guests! I think British weddings generally are much smaller. We designed our own Save the Dates and then got them printed and I shall be making all of the invitations over a long weekend for our wedding in August. Pinterest has been my friend over the last couple of months for ideas!
    Mary recently posted…An unintentional long runMy Profile