Today I’m linking up with MCM Mama Runs, My No-Guilt Life and Run the Great Wide Somewhere for a 2015 Goals Update. I’ve been doing monthly goals (look out for July’s Goals on Saturday, here were June’s goals) but it’s important to look back at my goals for the year and assess how I’m doing. So this prompt came at the perfect time!
Here were my goals for this year:
- Learn more Spanish. On our honeymoon, I was inspired to refocus on learning Spanish. I speak it conversationally (kind of) and want to increase my proficiency.
- Update old blog pictures and old posts. If you read some older posts here, you’ll notice that some of the pictures are old and some are missing. I really want to take the time to go through and fix this.
- Be proactive about staying healthy – running-wise. This year I had some little things here and there that bothered me and I basically ignored them. Not smart and I know better. This year, I’m going to be proactive about resting when needed and about talking to a doctor if pain doesn’t go away. Pain-free running for 2015!
- Track my miles. I’ve never really committed to doing this, but this is the year! I’m going to use a combination of tracking devices but mainly I’ll use my Believe journal to track my workouts. I’m pretty excited about this – obviously, I like numbers.
- Try a tri. Yes, I’m putting a sprint tri on my list. I need a bike in order to make this happen, but it’s still going on the list.
And here’s how I’m doing with each goal:
- Learn more Spanish. Big ole FAIL. I have not learned any more Spanish this year. I probably need to take a class but I’m just not sure how that would fit into my schedule right now so this is (sadly) on the backburner for now. I’m contemplating doing Rosetta Stone – has anyone done this?
- Update old blog pictures and old posts. A work in progress. I’m working on this but it is VERY time consuming and will take me quite a bit of time. But it’s happening!
- Be proactive about staying healthy – running-wise. Going well. I’ve been doing PT exercises, keeping up with my Pure Barre classes and just being committed to being stronger.
- Track my miles. Yep! I’ve been using my Believe Training Journal almost every day in addition to making sure all my runs are logged through Strava.
- Try a tri. Yes, I’m putting a sprint tri on my list. Done! I ran an indoor tri in March and loved it!
I feel pretty good about my progress with my goals, of course with the exception of Spanish, where there has been no progress. But big picture, I’m getting to where I wanted to be for this year. I can’t believe the year is already half way over. Thanks again to MCM Mama Runs, My No-Guilt Life and Run the Great Wide Somewhere for the topic idea!
This post contains affiliate links.
Have you checked in on your yearly goals? How are you progressing towards them?