This week’s Friday Five is fun! Five things I’ll be doing in five years – also known as 2020: a peak into the future. It’s kind of scary to predict what I want to happen in five years but also empowering because I can make most of these things happen. Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia and Mar for the #Friday Five. You can read our linkup rules here. Please, please, please follow the rules! Note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Have a wonderful weekend!
In 2020, I hope to be…
- A mama! Sometime between now and when I’m 37, I hope we are able to have a little one or two.
- A faster runner. So, I have this theory…I posit that women (most women) get faster after they have kids. So my plan is basically to have babies and get fast! I’m actually kind of serious, haha!
- Maybe still living in DC? Ack. Who knows? I do know that I’ve lived in DC for six years and that’s the longest I’ve lived in one place consecutively ever. I can’t say that my wanderlust won’t take us someplace else – perhaps someplace more affordable.
- A published author. This is half professional and half pie in the sky. There’s a good chance my colleagues and I will write a book within the next couple of years. And then there’s my twelve year old dream of being an author. I have no idea what I’d write about if I ever wrote a book. But I can’t leave it off my list!
- Making a difference. Whether this is professionally, through my faith, or just within my own family, I want to feel like I’m doing some good, ya know?
This was actually really really hard. I truthfully have no clue what life will be like in two years, let alone five. But it was kinda fun to think about it, right?