Happy Friday! For this week’s Friday Five we are talking about five people who motivate us. I thought I’d flip the script a bit and share 5 TV characters that I think are awesome! Can’t wait to read on and see who y’all find motivating! DC area bloggers don’t forget that Mar, Cynthia and I are hosting a fitness blogger happy hour next week. Join us at Gordon Biersch for HH from 5:30pm onward. Can’t wait! Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia and Mar for the #Friday Five. You can read our linkup rules here. Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Also if you are racing the Army Ten Miler, say hi on Sunday – I’ll be there (albeit slowly – I did just PR a marathon)! 🙂
- Clare Huxtable (The Cosby Show). Can any other woman top this list? I think not my friends. I think not. Smart, fun and just with the best parenting style ever.
- Tami Taylor (Friday Night Lights). Ah Tami. With her gorgeous hair and her giant class of wine, Tami just gets it. Everyone loves Mrs. T because she’s awesome. I don’t think I’ve ever been prouder of a fictional character than when Tami demanded that it was her turn to chase her career dreams. Love you, Tami.
- Abby Whelan (Scandal). Abby is the everyday girl. She’s just like us. She’s smart and pretty but doesn’t take any crap. She’s made some bad choices (hello, her ex husband??) but she always pulls it together and she is a ride or die friend. The scene where she tells Olivia that there is no man to save her and she has to save herself? I swear I threw my arms in the air and shouted “YES!” And for that, Abby makes my list.
- Cookie Lyon (Empire). Obviously I couldn’t ignore Cookie. I mean, Cookie would be on this list for her one-liners and outfits alone. I just can’t get enough of her. And while I do not condone violence, I have to say I cheered when she got the best of Boo Boo Kitty in their fight last season. Loved it.
- Sarah Braverman (Parenthood). Sarah Braverman is basically the girl that was always a little too cool for school but super nice about it. Sarah always fell for the wrong guys…until she fell for Hank who ended up the perfect guy for her. She is an awesome mother and scenes with her and Amber pretty much guaranteed I’d be in tears. I love all the Bravermans but Sarah was one of my favorites.
Who would top your list of awesome TV leading ladies?