This week’s Friday Five will be fun! We’re asking you to tell us about your day – I love reading that kind of stuff. I decided to share my Wednesday with you all, for no particular reason. Can’t wait to read about your day! Oh and before I forget, I’d like to give a special shout out to my friend and co-host Cynthia – because it’s her birthday!!! Yay! Happy birthday, C! Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia and Mar for the #Friday Five. You can read our linkup rules here. Please, please, please follow the rules! Note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Have a wonderful weekend!
- Wake up around 8am, read my Bible and throw on my typical work uniform (shorts and a t-shirt – remember I work from home). I get a cup of cereal, a cup of hot tea and fill up my water bottle and head upstairs to my home office to do about an hour of blogging before starting work around 9:30am.
- I work until lunchtime and then it’s time for a walk with my pup and a lunch break. Unless I’m really busy, I try and take 20 minutes to sit at my kitchen table and eat. I usually read while I eat because it’s just what I do. As a kid, my parents hated when I would try and bring books to the dinner table, but I’m an adult now! #IdowhatIwant
- More work because hey, gotta pay the bills. I’ve worked from home since September and I love it. I think I actually work a bit more since it’s always there but I don’t mind because I love what I do (I work for a company that focuses on increasing diversity within the legal sphere and beyond – I’m a lawyer by training).
- Around 5, I head out to Virginia for my track workout. I have a love/hate relationship with track workouts. They really hurt but also really help. Wednesday was particularly hot and humid (about 90 at the time we started working out, felt like 98, I believe) so that wasn’t particularly fun. But we got it done!
- Finally, a run buddy and I headed to Buffalo Wild Wings because the thought of teriyaki chicken wings was the only thing that got me through 6 miles on the track. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do.
And that was my day. Not super exciting, but I liked it. Can’t wait to hear about a day in your life!
Is your routine pretty set or do your days really vary? My days actually vary a lot but always include a workout, prayer time and a sandwich. 🙂