Since this week is a “Free Friday,” I thought I’d do a Day in the Life post. I haven’t done one in awhile and I always enjoy reading them. I’m taking you all through my day this past Monday. It’s pretty standard and not super exciting but that’s my life and I love it. Don’t forget to check out Cynthia and Mar and some of the other folks who link up with us – and please don’t forget to link to your hosts if you are participating! edit: OOPS! I forgot to announce my winner for the Marathon Map giveaway!! Heidi at Jax and Jewels – you won!! Shoot me an email and I’ll make sure you get your prize 🙂
- Wake up before my alarm at 6:15 and get ready for work. Head out the door around 7:15 and arrive at the office at 7:40. Grab my tea, refill my water bottle and respond to some emails. (Note: this was an unusual morning because I didn’t run – it was the day after Shamrock. Most mornings I wake up around 6 and am running by 6:30ish and back home by 8 and then I’m out the door by 8:30).
- Work most of the morning and take a 15 break to update my blogging editorial calendar. The day simply flew by. I had (and always have) a ton of emails and things in the fire so usually days go by quickly. I work as a Diversity & Inclusion Manager at a large law firm and really love my job. It can be easy for me to let work totally consume me so taking a break here and there helps me stay fresh.
- Break for lunch. Today, I was supposed to take one of our associates to lunch in an effort to get to know folks at the office better. However, she had to cancel so I ran out and grabbed something for lunch. I usually bring my lunch unless I’m eating with someone else in order to save money and just be healthier.
- Leave the office around 5pm so I can make a 5:35pm Pure Barre class. This was also unusual. I usually stay at the office until at least 6pm but I was so tired after last weekend that I wanted to get home early. Plus I got to work very early so I felt fine about leaving early. Pure Barre was great as usual and helped to stretch out my sore muscles post race.
- Home by 7pm, dinner, House of Cards and an early bedtime! I’ve been doing a slow release of House of Cards – one or two episodes a night and I’m really enjoying this season.
What’s your typical routine?