Happy New Year! 2012 is looking good so far. I thought I’d start the year with an assessment of how I’m doing with THE List. A little January check-in, if you will. So, here we go:
1. Jump out of a plane. Haven’t done this or planned it yet – my plan is to arrange this for when the weather gets warm.
2. Run a half marathon (a second one – I ran one during my last year of law school). Read about my progress here and here. I began training this past week and completed all of my runs! I’ve also convinced a few friends (yay T!) to run 🙂
3. Use my passport. No immediate plans with this one. I’ve been invited to a 30th birthday party out of the country this summer, so perhaps then. Or maybe a trip to Mexico? I’m thinking on it.
4. Take part in meaningful volunteer work. DONE! Read about my pro bono experiences here.
5. Find a new karaoke go to song – “Baby Got Back” is classic, but it’s time to expand my range. Haven’t actually done karaoke in awhile – I definitely need to change that. Not sure what my new go to song will be, but I’m thinking about it!
6. Stick to a budget. Working on this one!
7. Try one new restaurant a month. Hmm, I ate at Mellow Mushroom, which is new for DC so I’m counting it. I also tried District of Pi. Must pick my January restaurant!
9. Take a surfing class. This is another activity that is waiting on warmer weather. Perhaps this can be added on to my possible trips to DR/Mexico.
10. Go skiing. Finally, a winter activity! I will probably try to plan a ski trip in the next month or so. Yay!
11. Road trip like I mean it. No road trips yet. Thinking of making a trip to Atlanta in March – perhaps I’ll do that 10 hour drive and really make it a road trip.
12. Start my own urban garden. This will come in the Spring. I’m super excited about it though!
13. Perfect my biscuit recipe. My first recipe contained biscuits and I made them from scratch. They turned out delicious but were still not as high and fluffy as I want them. This is definitely a work in progress.
14. Cook a five course meal. Ha. Not yet. Maybe I’ll host a dinner party? Or just make an amazing meal for a very special person? Not sure yet!
15. Stay up and watch the sun rise. This also hasn’t happened yet. Although, I’m sure with the return of my rec coed football team in a week, this will be happening soon. 🙂
Part 2 of this post with items 16-30 will be up tomorrow!