Here is the second part of THE List – check out how I’m doing!
16. Learn to change a tire. I swear I used to know how to do this. Um, this is probably going to require a sponsor of sorts – who wants to help?!
17. Make something (a scarf, a shelf, etc.) and display it or give it as a gift. I’m looking at taking a knitting class. I also want to do a couple of cosmetic things around my house, so that may involve making something.
18. See two great museums in NYC (I’ve been to NYC numerous times, but never done a major museum – I have no idea how that happened). This will probably happen when my mom and I go on our NYC trip.
19. Clean my apartment at least once a week. This has been surprisingly easy. I usually clean up as I go, so scrubbing the bathroom / vacuuming and the like isn’t painful.
20. Take a trip with my mother. As I mentioned above, mom and I are planning on going to NYC soon for a weekend trip.
21. Live car free for a month. Thinking I’ll do this for the month of Feb. A short month!
22. Take a weekend trip – solo! Not yet – probably once it gets warmer.
23. Have a sleepover with my niece and nephew. We did this over Christmas but it wasn’t a real sleepover because there was a house full of people and we didn’t make popcorn and stay up all night. Redo!
24. Find a church in DC. I have found a wonderful church in DC. I’ll be writing more about it in the next few weeks so stay tuned!
25. Send at least five hand written letters to friends/family. I’m going to start this soon.
26. Write (creatively) every day for a month. I haven’t yet decided what month to choose – I have to admit I’m a bit intimidated by this goal!
27. Have a housewarming/cocktail party! Thinking of setting a date for late January or early Feb.
28. Do a random, anonymous act of kindness for a stranger. Not yet, and I just had a thought – if I blog about it, does that take away from the act? Hmmm…
29. Try a new fitness activity. I’m planning on taking a hip hop dance class with my good friend W soon. I want to wait till all the NYE gym folks have cleared out, though!
30. Plan an AWESOME 30th birthday party! Honestly, I haven’t even thought about this yet – probably won’t start planning until the summer.
So there you have it. I want to take a second and say thanks to all of you who have read my adventures so far, offered feedback or even just let me know that you’re enjoying the blog. This journey has been so fun already and I’m pretty excited to continue to share my road to 30 with you!