You may have noticed a new race on my calendar this fall. I am excited to announce that I am a race ambassador for the Annapolis Running Classic this year! I love Annapolis, both for running and for day trips from DC and am thrilled to serve as a race ambassador. The Annapolis Running Classic is on November 21st, 2015 (oh how I love Saturday races!) and the race offers both a half marathon and a 10k. Like most Annapolis races, the start and finish is at the Navy-Marine Corps Stadium, which means plenty of easy (and free!) parking.
Here are a few reasons you should add the Annapolis Running Classic to your fall race schedule:
- It’s reasonably priced. Right now (until July 27), the half marathon is just $80. And you can save ten percent by using the code CCREF15 when you register. The 10k is even cheaper at $45. What do you get for that price? A great medal (both the 10k and the half medals have the same design but the half medal is a bit bigger), a yet to be announced race premium (fun!), and an awesome after party with hot soup, cold beer and live music.
- Free parking. This is a huge bonus because the parking is also super easy and right at the start of the race.
- Great weather. It’s November – the weather should be cool but not freezing. Of course, I’m not making any promises…but it should be better than this summer humidity!
- Easy packet pickup. This might be one of my favorite things about the race. I can pick up my bib in DC! Amazing. There are 13 different store pickup options the weekend before the race. So convenient.
- Annapolis is beautiful! Annapolis is just a gorgeous town and I love spending time there! Make it a fun weekend trip. 🙂
I hope you’ll join me on November 21st – don’t forget to use code CCREF15 to save 10% on the already low registration fees!
What does your fall race calendar look like?