Wow. This summer is just flying by! It’s crazy that we’re already a few days into August but here we are. As I do each month, I’m checking in on my goals from last month and setting some new goals for August. I really enjoy goal setting and find that setting goals helps keep me on track throughout the month. Let’s dig in for the month!
Here were my goals for July:
- Get in all of my long runs.
- Keep up with Pure Barre at least twice a week.
- Get plenty of rest.
I am really pleased because I hit two out of three for the month. Even with being out of town for half the month, I got in every single long run all month. I was really pleased with this and found that simply planning ahead make this work. It was sometimes challenging with the travel but I did it and hit 100 miles for the first time in awhile. Another thing I did was keep up with Pure Barre. I actually took Pure Barre class in each city I visited this month, which was awesome. I took class in Boulder, Co; Atlanta, GA; and Birmingham, AL along with classes at my home studio in DC. So fun!
I had a bit of a fail in the rest department. It just really didn’t happen. So I’m keeping that one on the list for August. Here are my goals for the month:
- Get plenty of rest. I did not do this in July so I’m going to focus on making sure I’m going to bed when I actually need to and not staying up all night. Such a bad habit!
- Be diligent about week day runs. I’ve done really well with prioritizing my long runs and typically get in two week day runs as well. I’d like to get in four runs each week so I’m going to try and add in another run – either on a weekday or a recovery run on a Sunday.
- Meal prepping. I have not done this at all this summer. I really need to get back to it and am going to focus on it during this month.
What are your goals for this month? Do you regularly set goals each month?