Marine Corps Marathon is less than two months away and I’m just five weeks out from the Wineglass Marathon. I’m at the point where things are definitely “real” so to speak. These marathons are happening and they’ll be happening in no time! With less than two months to go to my goal race, I wanted to look at August as a whole.
August by the numbers:
125133 (I just ran 8 miles this morning)- miles run in August, the most I’ve ever run in a month
- 1400 – number of minutes spent running
- 1 – PT visit to ensure I’m staying on track with my form
- 6 – Pure Barre classes. The fewest I’ve taken in awhile – my travel really threw my Pure Barre game off but I’ll be getting right back into the swing of things – especially with a new September challenge coming up at my studio
- 4 – states (including DC) I ran in during the month: DC, Virginia, Maryland and Washington (both Washington’s in one month!)
- 10 – new pieces of Oiselle gear I purchased during the month. I have a problem, I know (but I also have a pretty amazing wardrobe of running clothes)
- ~100 – new running friends I made at Bird Camp
- ~12 – number of elite athletes I ran “with” at Bird Camp
- 4 – number of wild animals seen on runs in August
- 1 – Pound class taken (review and details coming soon!)
I feel like I’m at a good place with my running. For the most part, I’m happy running and even on the days where it is not the best, I’m still making it happen. This is definitely the best marathon training cycle I’ve had and my goal over the next month is to just finish strong. I really do plan on using Wineglass as a training run (my group is running 22 that same weekend) and really focusing on Marine Corps. I have been doing a much better job than usual of getting runs in during the week and that’s made a big difference. I’m rotating my shoes as well, which is helping a lot. I’m ready for September and another solid month of running!
How was your running in August?