Happy Friday! As you probably know, I’ve been traveling for the past two weeks and today I’m finally heading home – but not until late this evening. As such, this week I’m writing about the five best things about work travel. The truth is, being gone (especially for two weeks) is hard. However, I’m focusing on all the positive aspects of it this morning! Don’t forget to check out Cynthia and Mar and some of the other folks who link up with us – and please don’t forget to link to your hosts if you are participating!
- Room service. As I write this, I’m awaiting a delicious breakfast that will be brought to my door any minute now. I don’t utilize room service to the extreme because it’s so expensive and I try to be respectful of that but dang it’s convenient! I SO love the luxury of room service.
- Comfy hotel beds. Now, I actually think my bed at home is wonderful. So it takes a great hotel bed to really excite me but when hotels get it right, they get it right! My bed for these two weeks of travel – correction, my beds, plural, have been very cozy which I very much appreciate!
- Fun new places to run. I’ve had excellent runs both in Boston and in Chicago the past two weeks and I love running in other cities. In Boston, I even got to race the B.A.A. 5K – my first race in Boston and a new PR!!
- Meeting new people. Last week, I was at a conference, and this week I was working in my firm’s Chicago office. I’ve gotten to meet so many new people and as a people person, I really enjoyed that so much!
- Points! I’ve racked up some airline points and LOTS of hotel loyalty points while I’ve been traveling the past two weeks. Being able to accrue points that I can later use for personal travel is really fantastic and I very much appreciate it!
What’s your favorite thing about work travel?