Blogger Tip Tuesday is back! After a little hiatus, we’re back to talk about Twitter. I am a total Twitter fan and think that using Twitter if you have a blog, is an excellent idea. So how do I (and how can you) use Twitter for your blog? Read below for my tips and then chime in on the comment section with your own!
- Use Twitter to develop new relationships. Twitter is great for meeting people who are tweeting about similar things — i.e., click on the #runchat hashtag and you’ll find lots of similarly minded runners. Once you connect with people, you can easily start (or hop on) a conversation. That’s the whole point of twitter so don’t feel shy doing so.
- Participate in Twitter chats to help you find others to start building relationships with! Personally, I enjoy #runchat, which happens on Sundays and I also like participating in chats that are sponsored by groups or brands I’m interested in (Zooma, FitFluential, etc. – hmmm probably time for an Oiselle chat, no??).
- Tweet your blog posts. Twitter is a great place to share your blog posts. I usually tweet my blog posts 3 times a day, spread out over the day. Just keep in mind that if your Twitter feed is just you spamming people with your blog posts, it won’t help you. A good rule is 80/20 – you should spend 80% of your time on Twitter connecting / promoting / sharing with others and 20% of your time promoting yourself.
- Use Twitter to keep your older blog posts fresh. If you are self hosted, you can do this by using the Tweet Old Post plugin — this plugin will tweet older blog posts of yours at random intervals (say, when you haven’t tweeted in 4/5/6 hours). This is a great way to get some of your older posts to a broader audience.
- Use Twitter to direct your followers to another social media channel — like your Facebook page, bloglovin profile, pinterest or whatever else you utilize.
What are your Twitter tips?