Happy Blogger Tip Tuesday! This week, I thought we’d talk some about how to increase your blog traffic. Now I should put this out there first: I am getting nowhere near the amount of traffic of some of the bigger bloggers. However, my blog traffic has increased quite a bit over the past year and if you are looking to increase your blog traffic, this post may be of interest.
So, in thinking about how to increase your blog traffic, I thought I’d share where my blog traffic comes from and from there we can break down sources that might help you in increasing your blog traffic!
- Pinterest. Pinterest is my number one traffic referral. I will delve more into how I’ve been using Pinterest lately, but if you are looking to increase your blog traffic and don’t use Pinterest, I recommend you start!
- Twitter. I use Twitter to promote my blog posts (both current and past posts) and have found it to be an effective source of traffic. Here’s a bit more about how I use Twitter. This post is a bit more Twitter talk.
- search engines. This is all SEO (search engine optimization). I don’t always utilize SEO on my blog posts but I do think about it and try to put in some common search terms if it fits. For an SEO primer, check out this post.
- Facebook. I use my facebook page to pump my blog posts and I get a decent amount of hits on the blog from facebook. My Wedding Wednesday posts in particular drive a lot of my real life friends to my blog page.
- bloglovin. After Google Reader shut down, folks needed a way to read blogs. I use bloglovin on a weekly basis, but I get a good amount of traffic from the site. If you haven’t registered your blog on bloglovin, you’re missing out!
- Mar. Yep, that’s right. My girl is a big source of traffic for me. Love it.
- Cynthia. Uh-huh. DC Trifecta for the win! The blog tribe is real, y’all! Get ya one 🙂
- Friday Five Link Up. Our linkup brings a bunch of traffic to most participants, but as the hosts, Mar, Cynthia and I get a TON of traffic each Friday.
- Lindsay at Lean Green Bean. Lindsay has listed a few of my posts on her weekly post round up and it send quite a good bit of traffic my way. Lindsay’s roundup always has a ton of great links, so I’d recommend checking it out each Monday.
- Pinterest (android). More Pinterest love, this time from android phones.
So, what’s the lesson from my top 10 traffic referrers? Social media, engagement and the blog tribe. And of course content you are proud of. That really is probably the best way to increase your blog traffic. However, if you are already there with your content, take a look at your referral sources and see what you can do to grow those referrals from other sites!
What are your biggest traffic referrers?