I know it’s Marathon Week (woohoo) but I still wanted to have Blogger Tips Tuesday so we could talk about creating pinnable images. Hopefully you are already utilizing Pinterest as a way to increase your blog’s traffic and reach. If not, get on that! If you are or if you are thinking about doing it, a time will come where you will tire of scouring the web for images and want to create some of your own. You may want to take a picture and add text or alter it in some way or you may want to create your own image from scratch. I’ll show you an easy way to do both using Picmonkey. Picmonkey is an online picture editor / creator and it’s fantastic. You can do everything I’m about to demonstrate with the free version, but I’ve found it to be well worth my while to pay $30 for the Royale (paid) version.
If you want to use your own photo:
- First head over to Picmonkey and click edit.
- Once you are in the edit portion of Picmonkey, you have TONS of options to play around with. You can add text, overlays (like the arrow I added above), change the background color, add a frame and SO much more. Play around with this and you will have so much fun – there are SO many options that it’d be impossible for me to list them all.
- When you are happy with your image just save and go!
If you want to create your own image:
- From the home page, choose design instead of edit.
- You have your choice of various shapes and sizes for your canvas — I always choose the square shape, but pick what works for you!
- Once you have chosen your shape, you’ll be taken to the same editing page. When I’m starting for scratch, I like to choose a canvas color and add a frame first and then add whatever text, overlays I need.
The best way to learn how to do this is to play around with it — picmonkey is pretty user friendly, and as I mentioned the free version works great!
What do you use to create pinnable images?