After spectating Marine Corps last weekend, I’ve got races on the brain. I’ve talked before about races I’d love to run but I’ve distilled the list down a bit and wanted to share!
- Marine Corps Marathon. This is my hometown marathon and I definitely will run it someday soon – hopefully next year! I’d love nothing more than to run 26.2 through my city. I’m even more pumped about this after watching the race last weekend.
- A Disney race. I LOVE Disney World and it’s my dream to run a Disney race. I’m not too particular about which race, although I think I’d probably pass on doing a marathon at Disney. The Wine and Dine Half Marathon seems about my speed. Running + food + wine + DISNEY?! Yes, please.
- New York City Marathon. I have had some great runs in Central Park and nothing sounds more fun than running through New York with 50,000 of my closest friends. This will probably move up my list after watching NYCM this Sunday.
- Big Sur Marathon. I mean, have you seen pictures of this course? Yeah, it’s stunning. I will definitely run this one someday soon.
- Boston Marathon. Yeah, the big one. I have a tenative goal of qualifying for the Boston marathon for my 40th birthday (in 8 years). This is obviously a huge goal, so this race will remain on my list until I get there! I’m not sure how realistic this goal is but I’m keeping in on my list. Because, nothing would be more incredible then crossing that finish line in Boston.
That’s my list! There are, of course, tons of races that I would love to run but these races are all big ones that I may only get the chance to run once in a lifetime. I plan on getting started with crossing these runs off my list as early as next year.
In other news, I have a winner in my WIN Detergent Giveaway! Abby @ Back At Square Zero – you’ve won! Send me an email with your full name and shipping address! email@example.com
What are your bucket list races??
A version of this post appeared at http://womensrunning.competitor.com/2014/09/eat-pray-run-dc/eat-pray-run-dc-bucket-list-races_30595#PwWhVVpSqKXiXHG5.99