This past weekend, we hosted a brunch at our home where I got the bright idea to make a bunch of new-to-me things. Including a butternut squash and sausage frittata recipe. For the record: I don’t like or eat eggs. Yes, I know. Frittatas are made with eggs. What do ya know? Maybe I do like eggs. I’m not sure, but I definitely liked this! It was the first thing to be gobbled up at our brunch, so I wasn’t the only one. 🙂
- 2-3 links of cooked chicken sausage, chopped
- 1/2 diced red pepper
- 1 butternut squash chopped and cubed
- 5 medium sized eggs
- fresh rosemary and thyme
- salt and pepper
- preheat oven to 375
- cook red pepper, sausage and squash until heated through (about 5-10 minutes)
- while pepper, sausage and squash is cooking, beat eggs, salt, pepper, and herbs until well combined
- pour eggs over filing and cook on stovetop until the edges set
- once edges set, cook in oven for 5-10 minutes until cooked through
- you can add whatever you have on hand - that's the great thing about frittatas! just make sure the ingredients are fresh and high quality.
This is a really easy recipe that works for breakfast, brunch or dinner. It’s pretty hard to mess up, so might be a good recipe to make with kids or with those less adept in the kitchen. AKA – an “I think my husband could make this” recipe. 🙂 Give it a go!
Do you eat eggs? What else should this non egg liking (but frittata loving) gal try, eggwise?