Well this past week wasn’t the best in terms of running and I’m honestly kind of disappointed in that fact. I don’t really have any worthwhile excuses, the runs just didn’t happen. I did, however, work out almost every single day so that’s a positive. I’m linking up with Tara again and sharing my week of workouts. Read on and join in on the fun!
Here’s how the week shook out:
- Monday I tackled Pure Barre. I was a bit sore from Sunday’s race so I tried to really make sure to work my calves and stretch a bit longer. It felt kind of good to have ran hard enough to be sore the next day.
- Tuesday was another Pure Barre day. I was planning on running but just got busy and like I said, no excuses it just didn’t happen.
- Wednesday I tried out [solidcore] and it was a really great workout. I’ll be sharing more about [solidcore] soon but suffice to say that it was definitely a TOUGH workout. I also went for a good after work run with Julie. It’s always fun to run with Julie and we had lots of Bachelor news to catch up on. PS – did you watch the finale? How lame is it that there is going to be two Bachelorettes?? Very, in my opinion.
- Thursday and Friday were both Pure Barre days. I felt like I’d pulled something in my left hamstring and it felt really good to stretch it out.
- Saturday I spent the morning spectating the Rock N Roll marathon. Unfortunately it was pouring all morning and I was quickly freezing so my morning run after spectating was shelved in favor of warming up. I did head out for a quick run later that day.
- Sunday was a super busy day full of church, meetings and a friend’s birthday dinner. I thought I might have time between my meeting and my dinner to fit in a run, but no go. Considering I hadn’t had a total rest day since I could remember (seriously, I worked out every day two weeks ago and every day this past week except Sunday), I didn’t feel too bad about taking one.
Overall, while I didn’t run nearly as much as I wanted to, I was active almost every day and took my first rest day in two weeks. I’m up to ten Pure Barre classes in 15 days and anticipate taking at least four classes this upcoming week – I’m well on my way to my goal of 20 for the month! I can’t feel bad about not getting in all the runs I wanted and I don’t (okay, maybe a little). This week, however, I’m back on the saddle and happy that I got some great running related news this week. Also on Saturday, some of the DC Oiselle gals are doing a trail run and I’m SUPER excited about it.
How was your week of training?
Linking back up with Tara – go check out her blog!