After last week’s last lucker running, I’m thrilled that I’m back in the running business again. This was a really solid week and I loved the mix of Pure Barre and running (mostly because there was some actual running this week after last week!). I’m linking up with Tara again and sharing my week of workouts. Read on and join in on the fun!
- Monday I had a good strong run and a fun Pure Barre class. I felt good starting the week off with a run.
- Tuesday – Pure Barre
- Wednesday – Pure Barre. I thought about running after class but I didn’t want to miss my friend’s Empire finale party (side note: OMG. Did you watch???)
- Thursday – a fantastic run with Julie and her sister and nephew. Such fun and a great pace (~9:40ish for 4.5 miles). I really want to get back to running with Julie more than once a week. We used to run together 2-3 times a week and I miss our catchup / gossip time.
- Friday – Pure Barre.
- Saturday, I ran some trail miles with Oiselle gals and had the BEST time. It was gorgeous (see our view below) and awesome to change it up as I don’t normally run trails. It was so fun and kinda muddy and I loved it! I also went to Pure Barre – which was SUPER tough after beasting it out on the trails, let me tell you. My friend Karen (who did the run and Pure Barre class as well because she’s as crazy as I am) and I were really suffering during class. SO.HARD. So we had to have margs (well, sangria for me) afterwards. #Recovery.
- Sunday I took a total rest day and it was delightful!
If you are keeping track, that’s three runs, about 15 miles and six Pure Barre classes. I’d call that a solid week. Also, my abs hurt. This weekend I’m running the Marine Corps 17.75k. When I finish the race, I will receive guaranteed entry into the 40th Marine Corps Marathon this fall. I am so.ridiculously.excited. I’ve obviously never run a 17.75k before AND Mar is running as well. In fact, we’re sharing a hotel room close to the start Friday night. Yay for BRF time! I plan on getting in two to three easy runs during the week before race day and of course – Pure Barre like whoa.
What’s on tap for your week?