Well, we’ve made it. The Cherry Blossom Ten Miler is this upcoming weekend and I’m pretty sure I’m ready. I haven’t set my race goals yet, but I’ve had a strong few weeks of running and I’m excited for the race. Here’s my recap of last week’s fun and runs.
- Monday I took a rest day unexpectedly when I waited too late to sign up for an evening Pure Barre class. It turned out to be exactly what I needed.
- Tuesday I began a three day juice cleanse and had a strong four mile run with Julie. The weather was awesome!
- Wednesday was Pure Barre fun and day two of juice cleanse – I felt strong!
- Thursday, Julie and I had an awesome monument run with visiting Oiselle flock member Molly. It was such fun – we ran five miles and chatted the whole way. Later that day, I took a Pure Barre class. Because you know, why not. It was a strong end to my juice cleanse (note: I didn’t blog about my cleanse this time but if you are curious check out this post from my first cleanse).
- Friday started with Julie and I introducing Molly to Pure Barre. The class was awesome and Molly is hooked! Good thing there’s Pure Barre in Seattle! 🙂 Later in the evening, I ran the Pacers Crystal City 5K series’ first race of the month. I’ll be running a 5k each Friday this month. I intended to keep about a 9:30 pace since I was running in the morning. Sigh. I started out way too fast and the last two miles hurt. When will I learn?
- Saturday morning started early as Julie and I headed out to meet a couple more DC Oiselle flock members to run the Algonkian Trail. It was dirty, muddy and SUCH fun. Six glorious miles. Then I spent the rest of the day moving. Needless to say, I was a very tired gal.
- Sunday I rested. MUCH needed.
How was your weekend? Did you get in any runs?