Hi y’all. As you know, this week is full of awesome guest posts. Today, we have an amazing recipe from Emily of Hudson and Emily. Emily blogs with her husband Hudson about everything from memories to marriage to motivation – as well as frugal living and healthy eating! Hudson and Emily are Christians, summer lovers, and adventure seekers. Y’all make sure to visit them over at HudsonAndEmily.com
This is one of my all-time favorite recipes. It’s a great dessert AND a great breakfast 🙂 The best part? It’s less than 200 calories per serving!
Chocolate Chip Cake
1 3/4 cup flour
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
3 medium-sized ripe bananas
1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Take butter out of fridge to soften.
3. In large mixing bowl, stir together flour, sugar, brown sugar, baking powder, and baking soda.
4. Mash bananas.
5. Add mashed bananas, yogurt, butter, and vanilla to mixture.
6. Beat until combined, then beat one minute more on medium speed.
7. Add eggs and beat one minute more.
8. Stir in chocolate chips.
9. Grease 9×13 pan and pour batter inside.
10. Bake 30-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
11. Let cool, then sprinkle with powdered sugar.