The holidays are swiftly upon us and that means it’s time for gift guides! I love writing gift guides becaues I love looking at fun things online 🙂 I also inevitably come up with great gifts for my loved ones while writing. I’m planning on doing a few different editions this year, starting with today’s foodie edition. Let me know if you have any requests for a hard to shop for friend!
Gifts for the foodie in your life:
- A nice olive oil. I LOVE olive oil and cook with it just about every day. I never tire of trying new and different flavors and I bet your foodie friend won’t either. Grab a nice bottle of olive oil that they probably wouldn’t treat themselves to and they will probably offer to make you a meal using it 🙂 In DC, hit up Sapore Oil and Vinegar on Eastern Market for tons of great options that you can taste before you buy!
- Cooking classes. What better gift than encouraging your foodie to learn some new skills? Even better if you take the class with them! There are tons of options for cooking classes, but Hill’s Kitchen in the District has been on my list for forever since they are my favorite culinary store in DC.
- Does your foodie bake? If so, pick up some fun cookie cutters for stocking stuffers. Hill’s Kitchen has a ton and they are super cute! In fact, Hill’s Kitchen has one for every state — what a perfect gift!
- Need a last minute gift? How about dinner at a nice restaurant. I love a night out and would be thrilled to be gifted a dinner at one of the many DC restaurants I’ve been dying to try!
- Le Cruset. You can never go wrong with Le Cruset. Seriously.
Foodies: what’s your favorite gift to give and receive?