Thank you to everyone who took my first reader survey! I truly appreciate the feedback and read each and every answer. I thought that I’d share some of the survey results and clue y’all in on what I’m thinking about next in terms of blogging.
So here’s what I learned:
- Most folks found my blog through Twitter or someone else that they knew.
- People find my new posts through Twitter or Bloglovin – this is not surprising given my sources of traffic.
- Friday Five posts (linkup this week!) and training recaps are the most popular posts on the site, although a number of you enjoy Blogger Tip Tuesdays as well!
- You guys want to see more about running in DC, what I’m eating (are you sure? :)) and more pictures.
- Almost half of those who participated said they might be interested in some type of blogging seminar put on by yours truly…
- Everyone who participated is in the 26-50 age range, with a couple of exceptions.
- I have some of the nicest, most awesome blog readers ever. Here’s a smattering of some of the comments people left under the “do you have any questions for me” tab:
- Thanks for putting yourself out there to inspire and for all of us to be reminded we are only human.
- I love your blog, you’re one of my favorites! I really enjoy everything and think you do a great job!
- Great blog! I come for the running-related posts, but have found some of the blogging posts interesting.
Y’all are awesome! Thanks to everyone who participated in the survey – it was really helpful to get a gauge of who comes to my small corner of the interwebs 🙂 Now, I got a lot of questions about the virtual blogging seminar I mentioned. I’m still working on details, but I’m thinking about hosting a blogging seminar — it’d basically be an hour where I’d share about a particular concrete blogging topic — say self hosting or Pinterest or something similar. I’d announce the topic in advance and if you were attending, you could submit a question in advance. I’m not going to have time until September to work on this but be on the lookout!
Have you ever done a survey on your blog? Have you ever attended a blogging seminar?