If you blog, you have probably thought about this question at least once. I think it’s really a toss up. I do have a Facebook page for my blog (check it out and “like” it if you are so inclined!) but it can be a bear to manage. Let’s discuss the pros and cons of a Facebook page for your blog.
- Having a Facebook page is another way to connect with your readers. You may have some blog readers who don’t use Twitter or Pinterest or Google+ but whom love Facebook.
- A Facebook page can help drive traffic to your blog. There are numerous blogger communities on Facebook (I recommend starting with SITS Girls or a group local to your area) where you can learn from other bloggers and discover new potential blog readers.
- Chances are, you are spending a lot of time on Facebook anyway. Might as well spend some of that time growing your blog!
- Having a separate Facebook page means that you can spare your friends and family from all your blog posts 🙂
- Creating a Facebook page takes work. You have to set the page up (which isn’t that hard) and develop it (I have found that’s the hard part).
- It’s another thing to check and keep up with. I’m primarily a Twitter user, but have tried to adopt Facebook into my daily blogging rituals.
- Facebook continually changes the algorithms so that fewer and fewer of the people who “like” your page actually see it. Facebook is continually trying to convince page owners to pay for exposure and it’s frustrating.
Do you have a Facebook page for your blog? Why or why not?