Happy September! I am linking up with Deb to share my fall 2017 racing plans. Consider sharing yours as well! I have a few races lined up through the rest of the year and obviously love meeting up with folks at races, so please do let me know if you will be at any of these ones!
- September 10 – Parks Half Marathon – Rockville, MD
- I used Parks Half as a trial run for the marathon. My plan was to run the race at an average 9 minute mile pace and use the same fuel I will use in Berlin (huma gels) and wear the shoes I will wear in Berlin. Success! I’ll be recapping this race soon.
- September 24 – Berlin Marathon! – Berlin, Germany
- The big one! I have been training for over 4 months for this race and my goal is sub-4. I will be sharing more about my goals soon before heading over to Germany.
- October 8 – Army Ten Miler – Arlington, VA
- This is the weekend after I get back from Europe. No PRs will be sought or expected, but I love this race so I’ll be running for fun.
- November 11 – Richmond Marathon (potentially the half) – Richmond, VA
- The idea is that I will drop down to the half after Berlin. But I’m not making any decisions until then!
- December 2 – Rehoboth Beach Half Marathon – Rehoboth, DE
- This will be a fun girls weekend and I’ll be pacing a friend to sub-2. Pretty crazy for me to think that I can actually pace someone to a sub-2 hour half marathon after trying to get there myself for so long.
So there you have it. Those are my races so far for the rest of the year. I might throw in a holiday themed 5k or 10k here or there as well, but the big ones are mapped out. Will I see any of you there?