While the weather has been a bit up and down here in DC (highs in the 70s this week, what?!), fall is here and winter is coming. For someone who loves hot drinks, this is the best news. There are lots of things that I don’t love about cold weather, but the beverages are NOT one of them! Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia and Mar for the #Friday Five and sharing five favorite cold weather drinks. You can read our linkup rules here. Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Have a great weekend and good luck to all those who are racing (including Mar in Philadelphia!).
- Hot Tea. I love hot tea year around but there’s something extra special about curling up with a cup of tea during the colder seasons. Cup of tea + book + blanket = bliss. Am I right?!
- Hot Cider. Oh yes, please. I LOVE hot cider. I love it more when it’s spiked, but I’ll take it any way I can. 🙂
- Hot Toddy. Probably one of my favorite winter drinks. Actually, I’ll make one of these year round if I get sick. Love it.
- Red Wine. Okay, it’s not a “hot” drink but I personally love a big bold red on a cold night with a meal that really sticks to your ribs.
- Hot Chocolate. I’m typically hit or miss with hot chocolate – I like it to be really think and not too watery. Some places do it right and others make me wish I was drinking tea, instead. But a hot chocolate done right is pure bliss!
What cold weather drinks do you love?