Fall is (kind of) here. There are leaves covering the ground and the temperatures are dropping (but sometimes still a bit too warm). It’s time to talk fall food, which is one of my favorite conversations. I’ll be eating a lot of fall food this weekend as I celebrate my 33rd birthday on Friday (yay for another year!). For this Friday Five linkup, I thought I’d share five of my favorite fall recipes. Some of these overlap with the last time we chose this topic (read that post here) but there are a few new ones! Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia and Mar for the #Friday Five. You can read our linkup rules here. Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link.
- Applesauce. This slow cooker applesauce recipe is so easy and really tasty. The bounty of fall apples we have right now make this a fun thing to do with them!
- Lentil soup.I make this ALL the time, but it’s especially yummy once the temperatures drop!
- Beer Braised Short Ribs. I just made this a couple of weeks ago, but it’s already one of my favorite fall recipes. So tasty and just really a fun and easy thing to make. You may notice that I love my slow cooker. Yeah, it’s kind of amazing.
- Butternut Squash and Sausage Frittata. Yes, please. The best thing about this recipe is you can throw in anything you happen to have on hand and it works every time. Delicious!
- Turkey and Sweet Potato Chili. Sweet potatoes are so plentiful in the fall and just so yummy. This chili recipe is easy and super tasty.
Oh and in case you are wondering, you can find the slow cooker I use here (affiliate link). It’s perfect for any slow cooker recipe you might be tackling!
What’s on tap for you this weekend? This is the first weekend in a few weeks I haven’t run a race – it’s gonna be strange! 🙂