Happy Friday! I am off to Southern Bird Camp this weekend and so excited. Southern Bird Camp is one of the regional running camps that Oiselle organizes for its team. I’m headed to North Carolina for a weekend of rainy running fun and can’t wait! Check back in next week for some updates and follow me on Instagram to see all the fun! Anyway, this week we are talking favorites and I thought I’d share five favorite fitness classes – other than Pure Barre. If you follow me on Instagram or actually know me, you’ll know that I love Pure Barre. It’s totally my jam. However, I do like trying other studios now and again and so I thought I’d share a few I’ve liked recently. Don’t forget to check out Cynthia and Mar and some of the other folks who link up with us – and please don’t forget to link to your hosts if you are participating!
- Spin classes. I’ve chosen to list type of class rather than studio because they have been a lot of different studios that I’ve liked over the years. I’ve always enjoyed spinning and if I didn’t love Pure Barre so much, I’d definitely spin more.
- Pilates classes. I love pilates. I find it to be a great workout and relaxing at the same time. I always leave feeling centered and ready to focus on whatever is to come in my day or week.
- Boxing classes. I haven’t taken a boxing class in a few years but before I started racing as much as I do now, I took a boxing class a few times a week. It was intense. Lots of push ups, lots of sparring with the instructor and I even have my own pair of gloves. It was an amazing workout and a ton of fun.
- Hot yoga. I am generally not a big fan of yoga. I find it challenging to focus and just awkward. However, I have liked the hot yoga classes that I’ve taken – go figure. I’m not sure why I enjoy hot yoga more but I do!
- HIIT classes. I love high intensity interval training classes. These studios seem to be popping up everywhere and they are fun! I just took one of these classes at a new studio here in DC called BLAST and I’ll be sharing more about that soon!
What’s your favorite type of fitness class?