I’ve never really been one to set monthly goals. However, since I’ve been using my Believe Training Journal I’ve been setting out weekly goals using the journal. I thought I’d try out setting a few goals for this month.
- Return to three runs a week. As you know, I’ve been taking it easy (and in physical therapy) since hurting my ankle running a ten mile race early January. Visiting PT also revealed (like I suspected) some lingering tendinitis in my knee. My knee doesn’t actively hurt but I’ve been working on strengthening my hips and glutes as well as not inflaming my ankle. I’m happy that I ran 6.5 miles over the past weekend and felt good. I’m hoping to get back to running three times a week this month. I’m not focusing on distance or speed – just on getting out there.
- Barre at least three times a week. I have been hitting up Pure Barre like whoa. I went 12x in January and I was out of DC for four days – I’m pretty pleased with that but would like to top that number in February.
- Organize my days before I go to bed at night. Lately, I’ve been writing out my lists for the following day at night. I used to do this when I worked in an office and got away from it since I started working from home. I want to continue making this a part of my routine.
- Eat fresh. I do a pretty good job of cooking at home (I don’t eat out much at all) but lately I haven’t been planning meals like I used to. I want to get back in that and plan for the week again!
- Continue doing my PT exercises and drills. I want to stay on track because I know how important it is to my running health!
There you have it. Nothing fancy but I’m looking forward to sharing next month how this all went! Don’t forget our Friday Five post this week is five fitness snapshots! I love these kinds of posts so get your pics ready! 🙂
Do you set monthly goals?