Happy Friday! For this week’s Friday Five, I was thinking about five cities I’ve run in during 2016 so far. If you count DC, I think I’ve run in six states this year (VA, NC, MD, DC, Illinois and Massachusetts) and we’re just getting into May. Later this month, I’ll be heading back to North Carolina for running camp and that’ll involve a lot of running in a new-to-me city. But for this week, here are five cities I’ve run in during 2016. Don’t forget to check out Cynthia and Mar and some of the other folks who link up with us – and please don’t forget to link to your hosts if you are participating!
- Virginia Beach, VA. Oh yes, Virginia Beach. I raced twice at the beach in March – the 8k and the awesome half marathon. I would love to run at the beach when the weather actually permits you to enjoy the beach setting!
- Boston, MA. Epic. That is my one word summation of the B.A.A. 5k and Boston Marathon Weekend as a whole. I had some great runs while in Boston in April and I truly hope I can make being in town for the marathon an annual event.
- Chicago, IL. I love running in Chicago – that’s a large part of why I’m running the Chicago Marathon this fall. One of the great things about my new job is that my law firm is headquartered in Chicago, so I get the chance to visit every so often.
- Durham, NC. I ran in Durham earlier this year while visiting North Carolina for my dear friend Julie’s baby shower. My run in Durham was interesting because it ended up sidelining me for almost a week – that run revealed that I’d taken my running shoes for granted and worn them for far too long.
- Sterling, VA. This was the super fun North Face Endurance Challenge relay with my Oiselle team gals. I really love this new tradition and it is just so so fun!
Where have your run this year? Who’s racing this weekend?