Happy Fall and yay for Friday! It’s been a fun week here in DC with Pope Francis in town and my run bud Julie is back in DC as well. Banner week for me! Today, we are throwing back to last year when we shared our favorite fall activities (you can see my list here – I love all those things still and will try not to repeat this year). This is a really jam packed fall and I’m pumped that it’s now officially fall and that the weather has gotten the message. I love love love fall time so I’m happy to share five things I really love doing this time of year with you. Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia and Mar for the #Friday Five. You can read our linkup rules here. Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Have a great weekend!
- Um, running all the races of course. Starting this weekend, I have six races over the next two months. I wrote about five of them here, but here’s the scoop: Clarendon Day 10k is Saturday, Wineglass Marathon is Oct 4, Army Ten Miler is Oct 11, Marine Corps Marathon is Oct 25, Richmond Half Marathon is Nov 14 and Annapolis Half Marathon (or 10k if my legs are dead) is Nov 21. Oh and I’ll probably run the DC Turkey Trot as has been my tradition for the past five or so years. Woohoo!
- Watching all the football. My team – Alabama (Roll Tide) has gotten off to a rough start and we have the toughest schedule in college football (I’m not being sarcastic – we actually do) but I love nothing more than watching my team. I’m also in two fantasy leagues this year so that boosts my interest in professional football. Of course my fantasy teams are both called DC Tide. 🙂
- Eating fall things. I’m pretty excited because as the temps drop, fall food becomes more and more prominent and fall food = delicious!
- Halloween! I’m not super into Halloween but this year I get to go to a party with little kids and that’ll be awesome because kids in costumes is just the best!
- Um, so I may have agreed to cook Thanksgiving dinner this year. Oh dear, what have I gotten myself into??!
What are you looking forward to this fall?