Hi, y’all and happy Friday to ya! I’m ready for the weekend for sure. Today on the Friday Five we’re talking about our favorite outdoor summer activities. I kinda already did this a few weeks ago when I shared my five favorite free things to do in DC during the summer. They were pretty much all outdoors. So go check that out and then come back here where I’ll share five outdoor activities to do that (sadly) are not free. These activities are also not restricted to DC, yay! Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia and Mar for the #Friday Five. You can read our linkup rules here. Please, please, please follow the rules! Note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link.
- Amusement Parks! This is one of my favorite things to do in the summer. In fact, I have gone to Kings Dominion on Labor Day almost every summer since I’ve lived in DC. I’m hesitant to mention it because I don’t want to give away my secret, but going on Labor Day is the best. Very low crowds – we usually ride everything we want by 12pm. It’s awesome!
- The beach! This is a potentially free activity depending on where you live and what your deal is. There are a number of free beaches close by that some friends have gone to but it’s a day trip I have yet to make.
- Baseball games. Go Nats! Baseball games are super fun! I admit that I go more for the beer and the food and socializing than the game but I do enjoy that aspect as well. It’s just all around FUN.
- Berry picking. Did this last weekend and had the BEST time. I also left the strawberry fields with a slight heat rash so that’s a downside but it was fun. Oh, and 10.5 lbs of strawberries. Left with that too. Good thing I have lots of ideas of things to make with strawberries!
- Weekend getaway. Summer just seems ripe for quick trips, getaways that are drivable and don’t require a lot of work. With the days being longer, it often makes me just want to hop in the car and GO. Summer is the time! Do it.
Summertime just always seems like the perfect time to try something new.