Happy Friday! This week for our Friday Five link up, we’re sharing favorites and I thought I’d share my five favorite summer movies. My criteria for this was pretty loose. They are either movies that take place during the summer or movies that I associate with summer (i.e. summer blockbusters). Don’t forget to check out Cynthia and Mar and some of the other folks who link up with us – and please don’t forget to link to your hosts if you are participating!
- Independence Day. Hello. This obviously had to be number one on my list. It’s ALLLLLL about the summer and it just spells summer to me. Undecided about how I feel about the new one coming out. I will probably watch it at some point but nothing will touch the original in my opinion.
- Dirty Dancing. LOVE this movie so much and it feels like summer to me. I mean, come on. It’s pretty dang perfect.
- Jurassic Park. I feel like this one came out during the summer. Not certain but that’s what I remember. And it has held up to the test of time SO well. It still scares the mess out of me! Scary movies and summer are like peas and carrots, am I right?
- Bridesmaids. This movie makes me crack up like nothing other. It is so dang hilarious and so awesome and I enjoy watching it ALL.THE.TIME. Seriously, I might go watch this now. Who doesn’t love cracking up over hilarious potty humor?
- Psycho. Okay – not a summer movie. But this was one of the first outdoor movies I enjoyed on the National Mall after moving to DC and it just makes me recall sitting on a blanket with wine and snacks and bugs and friends and it just being perfect. And really, that’s what summer is all about in my mind.
What are your favorite summer movies?