As you might recall, we spent last weekend at the Jersey Shore (South Jersey Shore – not like the television show!) and it was awesome. Since this week, the Friday Five is focusing on favorites, I thought I’d talk about my five favorite things about the beach. I could easily have a list of about 20 things because the beach is awesome. But I’m a rule follower, so I’m just listing five. I wish I was going to the beach this weekend. It’s hot as the devil and while that’s perfect beach weather, in the city it is not so awesome. But I’m crossing my fingers I’ll survive all my weekend running anyway! Don’t forget to check out Cynthia and Mar and some of the other folks who link up with us – and please don’t forget to link to your hosts if you are participating!
- Relaxation. There are few things more relaxing then time spent at the beach. It’s fun, it feels like summer and it’s just relaxing and soul soothing. Honestly, after the events of last week, I really needed something calming and soul soothing and the beach was it!
- Ice Cream! The beach brings LOTS of options for ice cream and other yummy treats. Somehow it just always tastes even better at the beach, right?
- The water. I love swimming, I love the ocean and I especially love being able to get in the water after a run, which I was able to do last weekend.
- Beach games. Volleyball, soccer, cornhole. Beach games are my favorite. I love em all – at least for ten minutes or so and then I want to go nap under the sun. 🙂
- Boardwalks. What’s a beach without a boardwalk, right? Well, not actually because there are plenty of beaches I have loved that don’t have boardwalks (ahem, honeymoon, ahem). But I do love a good boardwalk.
What’s your favorite thing about the beach?