If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I’m currently in Boston for a conference. You also probably know that it’s marathon week! The Boston Marathon is Monday and the city is buzzing. For this week’s Friday Five, I’m sharing my five favorite things about being in Boston during marathon week. Don’t forget to check out Cynthia and Mar and some of the other folks who link up with us – and please don’t forget to link to your hosts if you are participating!
- The first morning of my conference we heard from Adrianne Haslet-Davis, a professional dancer who lost her left leg in the marathon bombings. Her story brought us all to tears and really helped to emphasize why we do what we do and what is important.
- The city is electric. My hotel is literally right around the corner from the marathon’s finish and the energy here is just incredible. Everyone is so excited and so happy about the marathon – runners are arriving and it’s just so dang exciting.
- All the runners. Speaking of runners – being around runners as they are prepping for a race is such an amazing thing. I’m LOVING it!
- Just being here. I’ve wanted to spectate the marathon for SO long and having the chance to do so is so amazing and really just an honor to be honest.
- Dreaming big. I would like to someday qualify for the marathon. Being able to watch the race that would be my ultimate goal is going to be an incredible experience. I’m looking forward to cheering my head off and getting totally motivated for my marathon training cycle that is coming this summer. I can.not.wait.
I can not wait – have you spectated or run Boston? Will you be out there? Let me know so I can cheer you on!