This week we are talking about five things we did this summer. This is kind of a bummer because it means that summer is drawing to a close. Even with all the complaining I do about the heat and humidity, I still always feel a twinge of sadness when the end of summer draws near. It’s totally a throw back to school days, but it happens every year and I think it always will. The same way I feel like it’s not really summer until I hear Will Smith and DJ Jazzy Jeff rapping about “Summertime” on the radio. #traditions. I’m sure some of y’all will put an interesting spin on the theme and I can’t wait to read all your posts! Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia and Mar for the #Friday Five. You can read our linkup rules here. Please, please, please follow the rules! Note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Have a wonderful weekend!
- Thus far, the highlight of my summer has definitely been Oiselle’s Bird Camp. Running + low humidity + amazing women + yummy food + tubing + wine = a total win.
- Blogger Brunch! Oh man – our DC Blogger Brunch was SUCH fun! We had the best time and are planning a Happy Hour for this fall – keep your eyes peeled for meets! If you have never gathered a large group of bloggers in your area (if you blog), definitely give it a shot – it’s such a fun chance to gab about all things blogging! Read my recap of our fun brunch here.
- Celebrated my first wedding anniversary! We took a fun little getaway to West Virginia and really had a great time. It was fun to just unplug!
- Traveled. A lot. This summer, I’ve been to Colorado, Atlanta, Birmingham, New Jersey, Athens, West Virginia, Seattle and Leavenworth, WA. Whew. All my travel has helped make this summer absolutely FLY by!
- Great runs. I have had some incredible runs this summer – ranging from long runs up a mountain in Leavenworth to a great 18 miler here in DC. Sandwiched between all those great runs have been a number of tough runs – but one thing that has been consistent is that I’ve been really doing a good job of getting my runs in. My mileage is higher than it’s ever been, which is really exciting!
What have been your five faves of summer? Can you believe we’re about to celebrate Labor Day?