This week we’re talking food and drink, and I’m sharing five foods and drinks I’m obsessing over this summer. This list could be much longer – I am loving a lot of things this summer, but I’m sticking to five! I’m also heading to the Jersey shore for a bit of beach time and family time this weekend and plan on indulging in most of the things on this list. Have a great weekend, y’all! Don’t forget to check out Cynthia and Mar and some of the other folks who link up with us – and please don’t forget to link to your hosts if you are participating!
- Fresh blueberries. Oh man – I love fresh fruit and I’ve just had some of the best fresh blueberries. I recently bought 2 pounds of yummy New Jersey blueberries and made a delicious cobbler. As I mentioned, we’re going to be in Jersey this weekend, so I plan to pick up some more on our way home.
- Not Your Father’s Root Beer. If you follow me on Instagram you’ve likely noticed my obsession with this beer. It’s kind of my new favorite thing and just so dang tasty! I’m planning on trying their other varieties soon as well.
- Peaches. Because what says summer like a fresh peach? Um, nothing. I love peaches in all forms but just biting into a juicy, sweet peach is summer to me. Yum yum and YUM!
- Heirloom tomatoes. There is NOTHING that compares with a farm fresh tomato. Winter tomatoes are so dang sad and summer tomatoes are just so awesome. I can’t get enough. I actually love to make a sammie with fresh mozzarella, sliced peaches and sliced tomatoes and basil. It is fresh, light and so so good.
- Barefoot Wine Spritzers. Semi-sparkly wine in a can. If loving this is wrong, I don’t want to be right.
What foods and drinks are you obsessing over this summer?