As you read this, I’m on a train to Boston for the weekend. Even time I think “I’m going to Boston” I think of that kinda cheesy song by the band Augustana…you know it…
I haven’t been to Boston in a couple of years, so I’m pretty excited about getting back up there. Here’s today’s 5 for Friday, with a heavy Boston focus 🙂
- While I’m in Boston, I’m lucky enough to be able to see my super crazy talented cousin direct an amazing show at her theatre company. Company One is a resident company at the Boston Center for the Arts. Their mission is to change the face of Boston theatre by uniting the city’s diverse communities through innovative, socially provocative performance and the development of civically engaged artists. My cousin is currently directing How We Got On and I can’t wait to see it!
- Eating the best lobster roll I’ve ever had. The last time I was in Boston, I did extensive research on where I should go for a lobster roll and came up with Neptune Oyster. OMG. That sandwich so so tasty. I can not WAIT to go back 🙂
- Running in Boston. One of my favorite things about traveling is the opportunity to run in a city that is new to me. Boston has a great running culture (obviously) and I’m eagerly planning out my Saturday morning route!
- Um, this is happening this Saturday in Boston and you best believe that I will be there. How fun does that look? Free roller skating?? Count me IN!
- While I will miss Sunday service at my church this weekend, I’ll definitely catch the notes. We are starting a new series called Acts: This is How We Change the World. If you are DC, you should definitely make it over to Atlas Theater for service on Sunday 🙂
What are you looking forward to over the weekend? Any big plans or Boston recommendations?