Happy Friday, y’all! We made it to the end of another week and I, for one, am grateful. I love long weekends and this one is jam packed for me – what about you? Here are five things that are on my mind today:
- Alabama Football is BACK! Roll Tide, y’all! If you know me at all, then you know I’m an avid Alabama Crimson Tide fan. I love my team and my favorite way to spend a Saturday in the fall is watching them whoop up on some unsuspecting
victimteam. Sadly, now that I live in DC, I can’t actually be in Tuscaloosa for home games. However, I’ve found the next best thing. There are a TON of bama fans here in DC and we all gather to watch games downtown. It’s not quite the same as being there, but it’ll have to do!
- King’s Dominion! Every Labor Day for the last few years, I’ve gone to Kings Dominion. I love roller coasters and amusement parks and going on the Monday of the holiday weekend is great because the park is relatively empty! I can not wait to scream my head and basically act like a little kid all day!
- PT is the thing! As I’ve written about, I was considering going to Physical Therapy because of the ankle pain I’ve been experiencing. Well, I went this week and I’m so glad I did. I got some great tips and I’m only having to take a week off running. Since this week was a cut back week anyway, I just decided to take the rest of the week off running to rest my ankles/calves and work on changing my walk (apparently my walk is part of the problem!).
- Thankful for a three day weekend! Honestly, I’m just so excited to have the extra day off and to spend lots of time with friends. I have a friend celebrating a birthday this weekend, lots of football watching and a cookout on top of everything else I’ve already mentioned and I can’t wait.
- Fall travel schedule shaking out. I travel quite a bit for work and this fall I will be visiting NYC, Portland, ME, LA, San Francisco and possibly Miami. I’m particularly excited about my California trips since it’s been awhile since I’ve been out on the left coast. I’m also looking forward to running in lots of different cities this fall as my marathon training continues.
What are you up to this weekend? Are you leaving town for the holiday? Don’t forget to link up!