Happy weekend! I’m switching up the 5 for Friday a bit today and making it a Liebster Award Edition! I’ve been nominated for a Liebster Award a couple of times and never taken the time to actually do it, so I decided I’d finally give it a go! First, thanks to Elizabeth and Kristen for the nominations! The award is given to bloggers who may have smaller followings, but are still awesome. I’ve decided to take some questions both the ladies that nominated me and go from there. I’m also supposed to nominate other bloggers but I’m deciding against that. Many of my blogger buddies have already been nominated so I’ll just post my answers!
- Morning person or night-owl? Night owl turned morning runner. I love staying up late and sleeping in but that is just not conducive to marathon training. So I wake up before the sun (seriously, it’s pitch black outside when I wake up most days) and am tired by about 10pm. Sometimes I stay up later – but I’m never happy about it and it always bites me in the butt!
- Have you ever done or would you ever do a mud run? I have not and wouldn’t be opposed to it. I’m a bit skeptical of all these new races popping up like wildfire (more on that in a future post), but I guess I’d give it a shot.
- What did you study in school? Are you doing something with it now? I am a lawyer by trade. I practiced for a bit right out of law school and now I manage my organization’s diversity initiatives. I’m working for a legal non-profit and even though I’m not directly practicing, I feel like I use my degree every day. I also teach as an adjunct writing professor at a local law school here in DC.
- How long have you been blogging? Has your blog changed a lot since then? My first blog post was in December of 2011 and at that time, my blog was titled “Project 30 in 2012.” The title came about because I was (shocker!) turning 30 in 2012 and I had a list of things I wanted to do before that date. The blog got an overall when I changed the title and focus in May. It’s been full speed ahead since then 🙂
- What is your favorite guilty pleasure TV show? Gotta secret can you keep it? If you are a PLL (pretty little liars for the non-initiated) tells the tale of four high school aged girls who are trying to solve the murder of their friend – and being blackmailed at the same time. The story goes much deeper than that – it’s too crazy for me to try and explain (I feel like I need an infographic just to keep up!) but it is fun, addictive and mindless. Highly recommended!
What is your fav guilty pleasure TV show? How long have you been blogging?