Happy Friday, y’all! This has been a bit of a challenging week for me because I’ve had to take a few days off from running, but I’m really happy to report that my ankle feels significantly better and because of that I WILL be running my 10 miler on Sunday. Staying off the ankle and doing a combination of RICE + strengthening exercises has been quite helpful. I’m optimistic that this little glitch is just that. But anywho…it’s Friday and here are my Five Things! Don’t forget to link up if you also do a Five Things post 🙂
- This week really solidified for me how much I love the online runner community. I posted a query about a great physical therapist in the event I need one for my ankle and got SO many great responses. Runners you are awesome. Runners who tweet / use facebook? Even more awesome. So grateful to have this community!
- The Annapolis 10 Miler is Sunday and I’m honestly a bit nervous about the race. I was initially nervous because I didn’t have the best time the last time I ran in Annapolis. Although my time was okay, I’ve never been hotter in a race and would like to not repeat that. Now, I’m a bit nervous about my ankle…but I’m resting it and pretty confident that I’ll be okay on Sunday. Fingers crossed.
- Redskins pre-season game. I got a couple of free tickets to the Redskins / Bills game this Saturday and although I’m totally a college football fan (ROLL TIDE!), who can turn down free? It should be fun and will be a way to take the edge off my nerves about Sunday’s race.
- I just finished an excellent memoir entitled “Signs of Life” – the book tells the story of a 24 year old woman who loses her husband to a freak accident while she is 5 months pregnant with their son. It is raw, real and an excellent read. Be forewarned: you may cry on the metro while you are commuting to work, but you’ll enjoy this book.
- I’m meeting a friend for lunch at District Taco today and I have been DYING to go to District Taco for awhile. I had the food at a private event awhile ago, and never made it into the restaurant. So excited to change that fact. Who doesn’t love delicious tacos?
What is on your radar for the weekend?