I realized last week that lots of y’all do Five for Friday lists. So I decided to go ahead and create a link up so that we can all see each other’s posts! If you do a Five for Friday post, link up below!
After being out of town the past two weekends, I’m kind of excited to be in DC this weekend, especially because we’ve been having absolutely gorgeous weather of late. With that, here are my Five for Friday:
- A new pizza brunch is debuting on 14th Street! This is kinda my dream. Seriously.
- The fantastic weather DC has been having as of late. I am choosing to willfully ignore the chance of rain on Saturday and Sunday.
- I have some serious taking care of business stuff lined up this weekend. Like, cleaning my house, finishing the curriculum for a seminar I’m teaching this fall, and generally organizing my home. I’ve been slacking in this area so I’m looking forward to finally having the time to cross some things off my list.
- 8 mile. No, not the movie. I am scheduled to run 8 miles Saturday morning and this will be my longest run since the Nike Women’s Half in April. Eek!
- This morning, one of the members of my running group pulled up with a flat tire. She was on her way to call AAA and have them fix it. While she was stopped, a fellow runner stopped, came over, offered to help change her tire and when she said she was fine, he made sure she knew the exact street coordinates and reassured her that she was at a safe location to wait for AAA. It was so kind and generous. Sometimes it’s easy to focus on all the bad in the world, but I firmly believe that there is much more good than evil and this morning’s generous runner was just another example of that.
Have a great weekend and don’t forget to link up your Five for Friday posts below!