Happy Friday, y’all! I don’t know about you but this week has felt LONGGGGG! I’m so glad it’s Friday and I’m ready for the long weekend. It’s supposed to be a rainy one, but I have my fingers crossed that the rain will stop before my long run on Sunday.
Here are the five things I’m thinking about today:
- Blog overhaul. You may have noticed that the blog looks a bit different today. As I mentioned on Facebook, I have moved to a self-hosted blog. I plan on writing a bit more about how and why I did this, but in the interim, I ask that you bear with me as I find my perfect blog “look” and design. I’m doing all of this myself (at least right now I am!) and it’s definitely going to take me a minute as I figure it all out.
- Babies. Not for me! But this week, another friend announced she was pregnant…with twins! This brings the grand total of pregnant friends I have up to a whopping 10+, including two sets of twins. Cray cray.
- Running like crazy! October is going to be my highest mileage month yet and I’m kinda excited about really ramping it up. I’m doing things like running two a days (OUCH! – more about this in a future blog post) and running crazy long distances on the weekends and even though it’s tough, I love it because I know it’s getting me ready for Richmond.
- Finally fall weather. Well it took awhile, but we finally have cooler temps here in DC.I’m all of a sudden hungry for chili and cornbread and want to go apple picking! What’s your favorite fall activity?
- Long weekend! Yay! Remember how I said this week felt long? That means that I’m REALLY going to appreciate doing a little birthday brunch on Monday with some of my favorite people. That’s right — I turn 31 on Wednesday and since I’m out of town / busy the next couple weekends, I’m doing a birthday brunch on the holiday. We’re headed to Ted’s Bulletin which is super fun and DELICIOUS.
Have a great weekend, and don’t forget to link up your Friday posts!
Are you off on Monday for Columbus Day? If so, what are your weekend plans? Any tips on self-hosting??