Happy Friday! I can’t believe that we are more than halfway done with July – time really does fly! I’ve decided to start a new Friday series: Five for Friday! I’ll list five of something – it could be five things I’m doing this weekend, five things I’m excited about, five questions, or a mix of all of the above! Enjoy and have a wonderful weekend!
Five things I’m excited about right now:
- Today Fit Approach published one of my blog posts! As you know, I am a Sweat Pink Ambassador and as such, I was invited to write a blog post introducing myself to the community. Today, it was published on their blog! Woohoo! You can check out the post here.
- On Saturday, I am hanging out with some awesome youth at Lucky Strike bowling alley. I am forunate enough to have the opportunity to volunteer regularly with an urban youth ministry during the school year. This Saturday, a group of us are taking some of the youth bowling downtown. It’s going to be awesome and I can’t wait! I’m a terrible bowler, but maybe some of the youth will take it easy on me!
- Also on Saturday, my church is hosting its monthly worship night. Worship night is always a favorite and I can’t wait! If you are in the DC Metro area, join us!
- I picked up some fresh peaches at a farmers’ market yesterday and am going to make peach cobbler from scratch this weekend! Yum. Look for the recipe on the blog next week!
- I am running my Saturday long run with a group from Black Girls Run. Woohoo! I’m pretty excited to share the joys and pains of a long run with a fun group of women.
What are you up to this weekend?