Happy Friday! This week has flown by – I also can’t believe it’s almost the end of the month. This is a free Friday, so I’m sharing five great day trips. Some of these I’ve taken and others I have not. All of them are in the DC metro area, because that’s where I live. 🙂 Hope y’all have an excellent weekend! Stay safe in the heat – this weekend is supposed to be a bit…rough! Don’t forget to check out Cynthia and Mar and some of the other folks who link up with us – and please don’t forget to link to your hosts if you are participating!
- Annapolis, MD. Annapolis is an easy drive from DC and so cute. Downtown is all adorable cobblestone and fun restaurants (hello, delicious seafood) and it’s also very pet friendly, which is a total win in my book.
- Leesburg, VA. Wine tasting!!! That’s what I think of when I think of Leesburg. Oh and outlets. Because those are great as well.
- Charles Town, W VA. This is where we spent our anniversary weekend last year and it was awesome. Also this distillery is amazing. That alone is worth the (short) drive in my opinion!
- Baltimore, MD. A short drive and tons of fun stuff to do in the Inner Harbor area and Fells Point. Hubs is also from there, but ironically we never go outside of visiting family.
- St. Michael’s, MD. This is where Wedding Crashers was filmed and not that far from DC. I have had a number of people tell me it’s amazing and so it’s definitely on my list but haven’t been yet. I also think it’s a pretty dog friendly town which as y’all know, I basically require. 🙂
Are you big on day trips? I really like them if they aren’t too far – 90 minutes is really my limit, I think.
Any recent day trips?