Summer is here – yay! In my house that means using the oven less and making no bake meals more! Since this Friday is food theme for the Friday Five linkup, I’m going to talk about some no bake summer recipes. I’m a big fan of no bake summer recipes because no need to heat up the kitchen any more than necessary, right? Right! Don’t forget to check out Cynthia and Mar and some of the other folks who link up with us – and please don’t forget to link to your hosts if you are participating!
- Caprese salad – this is probably my favorite no bake recipe ever! Just get some fresh mozzarella, add a couple slices of delicious farm fresh tomato and some fresh basil. Drizzle a little olive oil and add some kosher salt and pepper and your all set. The picture below has some grilled chicken added to it but you get the idea!
- Fruit salad – duh! This is always a great choice. Take whatever fresh fruit you can find at the farmer’s market, slice and throw in a big bowl and drizzle with a bit of balsamic vinegar. YUM YUM YUM. Can’t go wrong here!
- Peach pie energy bites. These are from Celia over at Chicago Jogger and they look amazing. Plus, is anything better than peaches? This recipe uses dried peaches but I’d actually try it with fresh sliced peaches. YUM!
- Chocolate Rice Crispy Treats. Well, this sounds yummy. Nicole over at Fitful Focus shared this recipe and it looks so tasty! Rice Crispy Treats in any form are a win in my book!
- Panzanella salad. This is such a simple salad to make – grab some fresh tomatoes, a cucumber and a loaf of crusty bread. Chop everything and throw it into a bowl with drizzles of olive oil and then sprinkle some salt and pepper over everything. Or you can use your favorite dressing. SO yummy and the simplest thing you can eat. The Pioneer Woman has a great recipe for this.
What is your go-to no bake summer recipe?