Happy Friday! This week we are sharing five things about me. Since we’ve done five things about me a couple of times (like this post and this post)- I thought I’d switch it up this time and share five things about my childhood. I was really blessed to have an awesome childhood full of fun, imagination and family. Can’t wait to learn more about all of y’all! Per usual, I’m linking up with my girls Cynthia and Mar for the #Friday Five. You can read our linkup rules here. Please note that if you don’t play nicely, we will delete your link. Have a great weekend!
- I just wanted to be like my older sister. My awesome sister, Tanya, is nine years older than me and all I wanted was to be just like her. She didn’t always WANT me to be just like her, but hey, we figured out and now I count her as one of my very best friends. I’m so lucky to have her in my life.
- We moved a lot. My dad was in the military and we moved every 2 to 4 years. I attended three high schools in two states…and think that it made me a really well adjusted child.
- I read all the time. I am an avid reader and have been so for a very long time. I used to try to read at the dinner table, when I supposed to be sleeping and everything in between. I’m so glad that my parents encouraged this habit because loving to read is a blessing.
- While we moved a lot, we are close with our family. I grew up visiting extending family and honestly count family as some of my best friends (outside of my sister, my niece and my cousin also were in my bridal party — so much love!).
- I’ve had the same best friends since I was 12. Two of my bridesmaids and I have been friends since then (ahem, for 20 years). I feel so blessed to have had these relationships over the years and to have people who really know and love me among my closest friends. There is nothing better than life long friends!
What’s your favorite memory from childhood? And because I love y’all…check out how fashionable I’ve always been…